Thursday, May 15, 2008

Everyone needs a break.....

So Kalia has been spending some of her nights catching up on some reading. Kalia has been going in the backyard and reading by herself, I guess she is a little bit sick of us. The other day she was out there when it was time to eat. I tried to call her in and Jono stopped me and said "let's enjoy our dinner for once" so yes I left Kalia outside reading while Jono and I ate until our hearts were content.



Also, I had this genius mother's day gift idea of a cute picture of Kalia holding a sign that says Happy Mother's day. I got the blanket out and got ready to shoot some adorable shots. Of course that is not how it turned out. She wouldn't hold the sign so I decided to safety pin it to her, that still didn't work out. She wouldn't turn and smile for even a second. She did however pick up a clump of dirt and a stick and give me a a good dead pan look, such the little girl. I of course got so frustrated and was not exhibiting great mom qualities pretty ironic since I was trying to get a mother's day present ready.

I'm sure everyone will be relieved to know that the day was not lost I did get this cute picture below and for the record I actually love the above picture it's more realistic.

Love my baby girl...............


PS do you think I used ironic correctly in the post? Ever since everyone says the stuff in the ironic song isn't really ironic I feel like I don't know what it means anymore.

4 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

that has got to be the cutest thing ever... baggaboo just relaxin out back! that girl can be my vacationing buddy any day!

agirlnamedgay said...

i have to tell you, i just check ed my blog and saw that you commented... we have you up and 13:30 and me up at the crack of dawn and i'll have you know i'm asking myself the same ?... what am i doing awake?!!

Laura said...

i believe irony is the opposition between the literal and intended meaning, or saying one thing when the opposite is implied. i still think your statement made sense, but maybe not entirely the proper use? I would have expected Gay, the English major, to comment on this. i'm a numbers kind of girl. and what a cutie kalia is, just reading. had a fun supercharged hang out weekend. let's have those more often.

Claire Thompson said...

Those pictures are so super cute, reading before she's 2, such a child prodigy!!