Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hole in the wall........






Our life unfortunately revolves around the TV, too much, but I don't think we are changing that fact anytime soon. TV has been bleak lately, granted there have been a few new shows and a few old ones have come back but most of them are waiting to make their debut next week and some in "early 2009." Lots of nerve if you ask me. First you cut our season short then you come back late September?? I think I will be telling my children, we used to have these shows called sitcoms and dramas. They don't do them anymore because they are too expensive and they take too long, that's why there are 12 versions of Big Brother on instead. Anyway, Thursday is usually our best night there is so much on and managing the DVR has almost become a refined skill in our family. Not today, there was NOTHING on. I saw this show Hole in the Wall. It's a game show where, you guessed it, if you don't contort your body to fill a hole in the wall you fall into water. Yes, it is as lame as is sounds. I taped it to show Jono how lame it was. He did not agree, he actually liked it. He watched the whole thing, even made comments about how difficult particular holes are. Is this the programming I have to look forward to? Have we been dished out so much lame TV that a show like this seems watchable. I know what some of you are thinking...... turn the TV off....... read a book........ do something constructive. I wish these were options but since these require more than slight consciousness we are going to politely pass. We can't just change a life long habit because of a few bad months. So we are going to hang in there with the TV and hope that our shows come back without rerunning every other week and maybe just maybe we can find some new, at least halfway decent shows. Any suggestions, we are not asking for a lot maybe just a little more than a hole in the wall to keep us entertained.


PS shame on you if read my title and interpreted it like a 14 year old boy would.

PPS Sorry the pic is not great, shockingly there is not a whole lot out there on this fabulous new game show.


7 comments:

Kady said...

I have only seen clips of this show on Ellen, but also, kind of found it funny. I am now rethinking my position, not sure I want to be in Jono's court on this one.

Laura said...

ok Anneli, now HOLD UP. before you go hating on Hole in the Wall so much (which I have actually not seen yet) - you need to understand where this show came from. go to youtube right now (well finish reading my comment, then go to youtube) and search "human tetris". they based it off of this Japanese show which is HILARIOUS. like almost peed my pants laughing so hard hilarious. so go look it up and watch at least 3 of the different clips they have (because some of the clips are funnier than others).

Laura said...

i will also say that I too have been hurting with the selection on tv lately (minus glorious tuesday nights of course). if i have to put up with one more week of Big Brother and America's Got Talent I am going to seriously lose it.

Jono said...

This might be your funniest post of all time, nice work. Hole in the Wall is awesome.

Scott Aguilar said...

I don't know if you already watch this show, but Candace and I have enjoyed "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" on FX, it has Danny Devito for heaven's sake! People catch on fire, rob other people, get addicted to drugs, it is teh mazing! I like exclamation marks! that is all.

Melanie & France said...

Finally you post on your blog =)How are you doing, I want to chat with you about the race in October, have you registered yet? I saw Mary this weekend, she was gorgeous as usual!

Britney said...

Saw it, thought it was lame, but of course enjoyed Cameron's commentary on it all (as I assume it was much like Jono's). I am loving 90210, and am glad that it was Dylan's baby and not Brandon's. Do you think Dylan will come back? Mckay might have to reconsider the name change if he does.